The word forty always looks wrong to me. I think it’s just a lack of exposure, though; typically you’re supposed to use actual numbers at this point for proper grammar, but it’s a blog entry and I’ll be what I wanna do!
That said, my main objective is to make the whole first level playable, with all features in place. I sincerely doubt I’ll make it to the first city of the game, which occurs after this intro level, but if production somehow goes faster than expected I’ll do what I can to place in this competition. But one thing I won’t do is sacrifice the game itself, which I feel would be far worse than losing. It would honestly be a miracle if I finished every aspect of the first level by then, but even if I don’t, I’ll still be entering DBP, as per the recommendation of a couple fellow XBLIG devs.
I may have a hard time writing long entries to the blog like this with such a tight schedule, but I do want to at least update what has been completed regularly. It would be nice if I could add one entry every day for the next forty days, so we’ll see.
– Finally completed character-specific equipment restrictions in the menus. No longer can Ket equip Arashi’s custom fighting coat, much to his chagrin.
– Added the Titles/Rank system to the other 7 playable characters. Coming up with a good variety of them will be amusing.
– Some graphical additions and adjustments to the character status and equipment menus. Finally have the “available equipment list” for the selected slot show there’s more than 3 choices (if applicable).
– Working on the collision size for Arashi’s basic sword attacks. This has been a thorn in my side, very hard to adjust since the AI isn’t exactly passive enough to get it pixel-accurate, but I suppose if I have to I can create an enemy with no intelligence just to get it exact.
– Currently adding a row of party member profiles at the bottom of the status and equipment menus that shows a graphic of who is being looked at and who is the next or previous party member that can be viewed (by pressing R or L buttons).